Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The words of the day from Momu are "I have had enough of this place. I am ready to go home." the first time she said it I ignored her and changed the subject. Momu finished the James Patterson book I gave her last week, so I walked upstairs with her and she selected another book from the cart. On the walk there she again said she is ready to go home and then said they could each use their canes to get around and upstairs. That was all I needed to hear to jump in. I told her in a nice matter of fact way that Popa can't go up the stairs on his own. She was surprised. I then told her he slipped when she was in the hospital and Dad had to catch him from falling. I told her she cannot care for him and that is what started the whole adventure. I will keep reminding her if she keeps saying she is ready to go home. No way can she care for Popa let alone herself.

We did talk a lot about family today. We talked about her father, how her mother was a good cook, etc. this discussion, I think made her feel good. Dan and I are going to bring some paper tomorrow and we want to start to document the family tree.

No words out of Popa today - eyes were mostly shut as he lied in bed.

Momu says she weighs 104 which is great. Popa down to 132 - Momu says he really does not eat much. Hoping the package of Oreos we brought over will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment