Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday December 19, 2011

The Dinner family (all 4 of us) arrived at MB just after 4:00. Door was shut, lights off, sleeping people. We barged in and Popa immediately woke up and was very happy to see Samantha, then Phillip and then us. Momu was happy as well but she is nursing a side pain (I told the nurse)

I will start by saying I was actually a bit scared and frightened by today's visit. Popa was not only up, but he was extremely alert and very very talkative. Dan and I were looking at each other in disbelief. While they chatted I stepped out to the nurses station to tell them what I was witnessing with Popa. I will assume it is temporary but only time will tell.

Popa was talking with the kids about school and hockey.

Momu was talking to me and said 'wow - he just woke up'. I asked her how long he has been like this - I.e. clear and she said 'just now'. So I think the kids triggered something good. They are home for 2 weeks and will visit as often as they can - tomorrow is boggle day.

Momu's story was same one as last week - about the fact she was very friendly with my mother and threw her a wedding shower and tslked my mothers mother out of wearing a white dress - it was only repeated 2 times

1 comment:

  1. Erica, We experienced a similar alertness with my uncle (who had altzheimer's) at my mother's funeral reception. His wife and kids were stunned by the alertness and we think it was the family stimulation as well. Those bright spots of the "former person" are delightful to see.

    ReplyDelete