Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday October 25, 2011

Dan and I arrived at MB at 5:30 - I went into the dining room and found Popa staring at his plate - perogies - he said it did not appeal to him.  I left him to eat and went upstair to Momu's room- Dan was already w/her talking (she felt fine, but did not feel like eating in the dining room w/Popa - she said he is doing things to embarass her - i.e. said again that he is not the brilliant man she married - this has been a repeated thing with her and I then go into my 'circle of life' speech.  Momu requested pizza and beer (3 beers to be specific, she wanted to get drunk)- Dan went out to get it.

Dan came back with a small pizza w/meatballs, onions and peppers and only 1 cold 16oz Bud.  Dan also got himself a 24oz PBR.  I left them to finish and went downstairs to retrieve Popa from the dining room.  He was finishing his chocolate ice cream and had eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - did not touch the hot entree.

I brought Popa to Momu's room and all 4 of us chatted for a while about diff things.  It was a very nice visit - we arrived and Momu was not in a great mood and we left and she was feeling just fine and only ended up having 1 piece of pizza and not even 1/2 of her beer.  The rest of the pizza pie went to the nurses - they were very thankful

While Dan was out getting the food, Momu only mentioned Joanne and the basement once - I decided to just ignore her - she was calm and I knew she would move onto a diff subject w/in minutes.  I then heard all the Uncle Mike stories that Dan heard yesterday.  I also heard alot of stories about the ring business and her working, being held up, etc.

We gave Popa his watch and he was happy.   Popa asked me how I was, I said good and then I asked him how he was - he said "fine, I think".  He clearly knows he can't remember shit anymore and has just accepted it and at times jokes about it.

We left at 7:15

So even though a double room does not look promising any time soon (we found this out today, but the social worker at MB will be the one to discuss it with Momu and Popa) MB is a great place and the nurses and staff are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment