Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday, October 21, 2011

Today was a really good visit.  Longer than I usually stay, but they were both so talkative that I just stayed.  Not one word of negativity from Momu in the entire 2 hours I was there, that is unbelievable and quite the break through.  I arrived solo at 4:45 pm.
1. Popa was not sleeping and was excited to see me. He did not look as tired today and even asked me for his comb because he wanted to comb his hair before going to the dining room.
2. Momu was also awake, in her room (still stunk like heck), but she looked so much better today.  I knew she would be in a better mood because she called me during the day to ask me to bring her some pistachios. (took pistachios home, if she has diverticulitis no nuts allowed)   She DID NOT CALL ME to complain!!

I took Popa down to the dining room, he said hello to the gentleman at the table and said Hi to a few people on his way down.
I went back up to Momu - she was still a bit nervous about leaving her room and wanted to give it one more day before eating in the dining room.  She was in good spirits, I told her however, no pistachios for now, I don't want her stomach to go backwards and feel bad again, she totally agreed!!!
She then talked about the basement again and renting it to nurses - I told her she told me that yesterday and I told her it was a bad idea - she said, really??  I said yes, I said Popa can't go home.  I asked her if she wanted to leave without him - of course she said no way.  I then proceeded to tell her the good news about gertting a double room together - she was so excited and couldn't believe it. She smiled. 
She then went back to the 'going home' thing.  Again, I told her Popa can't leave and she asked me why.  I said:
He can't take care of himself.
The nurse then came in to change her heart patch.  Momu asked what it was for and she could not believe she needs this every day all the time.  She said she never had it at home and I said, Exactly!!  Probably why she landed herself in the hospital.  I then decided to be blunt - I told her she called me in early August to come over.  I told her we got to the house, she was passed out in bed, locked in her room (we found the key), Popa was not dressed and had not eaten in 2 days, 2 women were waiting for them to go to dinner (Momu forgot about the dinner date).  When she heard all of this,she could not believe it.  I said she landed in the hospital because she did not get the right medicine and was totally overwhelmed  with trying to take care of Popa.  She did not say another word.
Her dinner came, she ate meatballs and then again asked me about going home and I said the same thing.  I said things will feel alot better when they are in the same room, I will bring a big tv over, bring a dvd player over and even bring her easel over.  She smiled.  I said lets take one day at a time and she agreed, WOW!
I went down to the dining room to get Popa - brought him to Momu's room and then got them both ice cream - Popa wanted Vanilla, could not believe it, Momu and I laughed.  She had her usual strawberry.  Oh, did I mention she enjoyed her BUD while eating her meatballs - I got the ok from the nurse.  I also told Popa they would be together next week and he smiled so.    When he entered Momu's room, he was all lovey dovey and they kissed and were so happy to see each other.  I really believe once they are in the same room she will settle down.

We all chatted for a while, both in good moods.  I told them Paul and Paula would be visiting tomorrow and they were both very happy - Momu had nothing but good things to say about them - yippeeeee.
I also said I would bring some chinese food over when she felt better, she was excited about this.  And finally she told me about a funny movie that she watched a few years ago - something about naked men and a piano - enough said.

I left 2 hours after I arrived and left in a really good mood.

P.S.  Joanne - please be warned, Momu left you a voicemail on your cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment