Sunday, October 9, 2011

Take 2: Saturday October 8, 2011

Authored by Dad, aka Peter, aka Son:
Erica and Dan went to their Lake House and Samantha went over to Meadowbrook around 11 am to play bingo with Momu and Poppa. Each was asleep in their beds with their pajamas still one. Later we learned they were up earlier for breakfast and then just laid down to rest.
 
Peter went to Pittsfield to get a few things last night and stayed over. He packed the car and drove to the Diner residence to drop off items for use at a later date: lounge chairs, more videos, TV remotes and lots of plants. Some plants were left behind while a few others given to Joanne when she showed up to collect her Home Instead records. She plans to visit Momu and Poppa and misses them dearly.
 
Samantha and I arrived at Meadowbrook after lunch around 1 PM. They were up and looking good. We spent the afternoon with them and sat in the beautiful Meadowbrook patio area in the sun, which they loved...it was in the mid-seventies. Both were weighed by an aide: Momu at 100 even; Poppa at 133.
 
Samantha left to spend time with a close friend and I ventured to take them out to dinner at a local good restaurant Antonio's. The two of them with walkers was challenging but it went smoothly. They ate well and enjoyed themselves starting off with the classic Martini and Bloody Mary (Momu and Poppa respectively). I got a Bloody Mary too since Momu said make that two before I could order...I went along to keep the peace.
 
So from 4:30 to 6:30 everything was fine and after bringing them back to Meadowbrook I said good night and stay with the Dinners. Over all a very good day although Momu keeps saying "when we get home it will be fine because I have this plan to add bathroom in the basement for a student to be with us". I keep reinforcing that they have no money but it won't sink it so from here on in I just respond "we'll see" and then I shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment