Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday March 26, 2012

Phillip and I went over to MB and had a nice visit.  Momu was chatty again today - I played her a video that Dad had ask me to play for her.  She laughed.  I gave her a beer for her after dinner drink.  She then referenced the fact if she were home she would be able to have her beer and gin - she basically said she just felt a bit captive at MB.  I told her I understood.

Momu is reading  a book about Sid Caesar (probably spelled wrong) so she referenced comedians quite a bit today and on Saturday.  Today, however, she stated she was reading the book at least 6 times in the time we were there.

I forgot to mention that Momu cut Popa's hair - it is as short as when the hairdresser did it and Momu agreed to the fact she was losing her touch.  We laughed about it, he as one big bald spot on the right side of his head. 

Popa asked when Dad was coming for a visit next - I said I did not know but said he called today.  Popa did not remember and then said, oh yes, I think I did speak with him today.  We then talked about how the  brain is powerful and funny - that there long term memory is pretty good but they both can't remember what they did 4 hours ago - they both agreed.

She gave me 2 pair of pants back that she bought when Chris was visiting - she said there were too low on the waste.  I returned them and got a store credit that she can use later - I will take her at some point.

They have a new gentleman sitting at their dining room table - he is 102 and is very talkative which is great.

Not much else going on today - until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Erica, I had not been on the blog since the end of Jan, so I finally caught up today. You and Dan continue to be amazing in your visits, observations, dedication, and patience. I know it has to be so hard to see your grandparents slip away and act like children. I totally get that since I have been through it too. It's hard to be the parent! Thank you for continuing to blog all your visits. Thanks, Lysbeth Haas Kennedy

    ReplyDelete