Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday July 27, 2012

Went over myself at 4 and was shocked to arrive to an awake and alert Popa.  Momu wasn't dressed again (3rd time this week) - oh yeah, I missed a blog entry - went over 2 times this week to find them both sleeping and Momu tired, sending me away.

Anyway, this is all about Popa today - Dementia is a fucking crazy ass disease - excuse my french.  Today Popa was totally clear - he talked the entire time I was there and he even understood that he hasn't been well, lost about 25 pounds, etc.  He knew where I worked, about Phillip's surgery, about Samantha graduating in December, about Dan's job.

Popa kept saying he needed to get to 109 Mountain View drive to get some things.  Then Momu chimed in and said she wanted to go home - she hasn't said that in quite some time, I think because Popa has been so silent.  In any event, I ignored them both.  I know Popa's clarity is temporary, but it was nice to be able to talk to him.  He actually cracked a few jokes with me.

Dad visits them tomorrow and they were both excited.  I made sure to remind Momu a dozen times to get dressed.  Her hair is in desperate need to color so I will buy that and make her hair appt next week.

Time to watch the Olympics

No comments:

Post a Comment