Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27, 2011

Welcome to the Momu and Popa blogspot.  I will be posting a few sentences to update family and friends on daily events/health/misc items based on my visit to Meadowbrook of Granby.

Phillip is home for the day and he and Dan went over to Meadowbrook for a quick visit.  It was around 2:00 when they arrived.  Momu and Popa were asleep, in Popa's bed.  They had already eaten lunch, but Popa was still hungry.  I found the list of 'foods that are available all the time' and will bring that to them later tonight.  Popa asked where I was, which was at work and wanted to make sure I was coming over later.
Momu had some PT and was extremely tired - she had a beauty salon appointment today, but the hairdresser was only doing Perms, so she will get a cut, color and style tomorrow.
Dan told Momu to be happy she can focus on herself and not worry so much about Popa being fed and she agreed :)

Evening visit - just me. Got there around 6:45 and both were in bed together watching TV. I did not bring any snack but they still had cake and cookies in the room which I served to them. We watch Jeopardy. Popa did not ask what day it was but did ask where Dan was. Momu told me the same thing 3 times in the 60 min I was there. She also asked me to get her eyeshadow and makeup which I will do tomorrow. I will go before dinner tomorrow so we can play boggle and I will try and get them outside for fresh air

1 comment:

  1. Hi My name is Donna and I thank you for doing this. I've been a friend of theirs for, I can't believe it, 20yrs. I was in art classes with Zelma at BCC and even took a class with Herb on calligraphy. I went to see them on Monday around 2:30 and caught them napping as well. They both looked great, especially Herb. He looked better than I have seen him in a long time. I was happy to see they were in good spirits and we had a nice visit. I drew a diagram of her cell phone to help her learn how to make a call and we practiced calling me. She did mention twice, about returning home. She thinks that exercise is going to cure Herb, and they are going to whip him into shape. I just tell her that's great....what else can I say? I admire her will, determination and spunkiness. I love them both and will drop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete